Scholarship Programme 2022
The BVI Electricity Corporation is now accepting scholarship applications from suitably qualified candidates for the academic year 2022/2023.
Fields of Study:
Information Technology/Computer Science
Occupational Health & Safety
Mechanical & Electrical Engineering
- BVI Islander/Belonger preferred
- Must have a High School Diploma
- A minimum combined score of one thousand (1000) on the Scholastic Achievement Test (SAT) if applicable
- A completed BVIEC Scholarship application form
- A two (2) page essay stating:
- The reason for pursuing a degree in the selected discipline
- Why you should be chosen as the most suitable candidate
- How can this study of discipline benefit you and the territory
- Two letters of recommendation from teachers or guidance counselors
- Acceptance letter from chosen institution
Criteria after selection of candidate:
- The scholarship recipient is required to have a surety and a signed bond agreement between themselves and the British Virgin Islands Electricity Corporation to attend an accredited university.
- For the selected discipline, fifteen thousand dollars ($15,000) will be awarded to the scholarship recipient per semester, until successful completion of a four (4) year degree programme.
- Each semester an official copy of the scholarship recipient transcript is to be forwarded to the General Manager of the British Virgin Islands Electricity Corporation.
- The scholarship recipient has to maintain a cumulative GPA of at least 2.75 on a scale of 4.0.
- Written notification including relevant information is to be submitted to the British Virgin Islands Electricity Corporation at least one semester in advance for approval for any changes in the discipline of study or the already approved accredited university.
- Upon successful completion of the programme of study, the scholarship recipient will take up employment with the BVI Electricity Corporation in accordance with the bond agreement.