VACANCY – TRANSMISSION AND DISTRIBUTION FOREMAN (CABLE JOINTING SUBSTATION)
Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Transmission and Distribution Foreman (Cable Jointing and Substations) – Transmission and Distribution Department.
1. EXPERIENCE AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATION:
The successful applicant should:
• Possess the minimum of an Associate Degree in Electrical Technology.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Possess the ability to read schematic diagrams.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Possess troubleshooting and analytical skills.
Salary will be determined commensurate with qualification and experience.
1. Ensure that all construction, maintenance and inspection works are conducted in a timely manner and in accordance with the Corporation safety standards.
2. Responsible for planning, controlling and implementing the daily work to be carried out by the Cable Jointers and other Transmission and Distribution Department employees as necessary.
3. Supervise/assist employees in the completion of assignments.
4. Evaluate and advise on development of cost estimates for new customer accounts.
5. Installation of all underground cables and lines to the network.
6. Perform general maintenance and inspection of all feeders and substations.
7. Perform electrical testing and troubleshooting of underground low and high voltage cables; submarine cables, transformers, pad mounted switch gear and breakers; and all other underground, pad mounted and substation equipment.
8. Prepare and ensure that a work permit is completed before and after any maintenance on the electrical system.
9. Ensure that the tailboard/tailgate forms are completed for every job.
10. Perform general maintenance on system and Brown-out or Black-out recovery.
11. Being available to work outside normal working hours.
Applications should be sent and addressed to:
The General Manager
B.V.I. Electricity Corporation
Road Town, Tortola
British Virgin Islands
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS JANUARY 28, 2022.