Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates to fill the position of ACCOUNTANT – Finance Department.
1. EXPERIENCE AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful applicant should:
• Possess the minimum of a Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting or Finance.
• Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Possess basic book-keeping skills.
• Proficient in Microsoft Office.
• Have at least three (3) years working experience in the discipline.
• Have at least one (1) year experience in a supervisory role.
Salary will be determined commensurate with qualification and experience.
1. Analyze all fuel receipt, lube oil and waste oil invoices to ensure accuracy in accordance with signed agreements.
2. Capitalize new connections.
3. Assist with the preparation of the monthly and quarterly accounts for review.
4. Assist with the schedules and preparation of the annual budget and annual financial accounts for audit.
5. Assist with the maintenance of adequate internal controls and accounting systems.
6. Review inventory control transactions and entries;
7. Review all entries posted to the payroll journal for execution and disbursement;
8. Prepare and post journal entries to the general ledger in order to update and balance accounts.
9. Prepare monthly fuel inventory journals.
10. Prepare all monthly bank reconciliations.
11. Assist with the review of the cash flow statements indicating the sources of cash inflows and outflows.
12. Ensure that the accounts payables procedures are in accordance with the Corporation’s financial procedures.
13. Verify adjustments, journals, payment vouchers, invoices, all accounts payables transactions before entry into the general ledger.
Applications should be sent and addressed to:
The General Manager
B.V.I. Electricity Corporation
Road Town, Tortola
British Virgin Islands
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS JANUARY 28, 2022.