Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates to fill the position of OPERATIONS FOREMAN – Generation Department.
- EXPERIENCE AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful applicant should:
- Possess the minimum of an Associates Degree in Electrical or Mechanical Technology.
- Possess excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Have at least ten (10) years working experience in a similar capacity of power generation with some electrical utility background.
- Have at least three (3) years’ experience in a supervisory role within a similar capacity.
Salary will be determined commensurate with qualification and experience.
- Review and prepare all overtime incurred by the operational employees within the department.
- Prepare monthly shift rosters and secures alternate employees in the event of unplanned deviation from schedule.
- Ensure that all fuel, lube oil and starting air tanks are drained daily of water to avoid contamination.
- Ensure that adequate fuel and lube oil available at the power stations in the bulk storage facilities for continuous operation of all generating sets and that the purified fuel tank is always filled with uncontaminated fuel.
- Ensure that the daily dips are carried out on the fuel and oil storage tanks in order to complete the daily plan status report.
- Compile and submit to the Operations Engineer, the labourer’s weekly work assignment sheet.
- Responsible for the removal and disposal of waste oil from the power stations.
- Manage, develop and assist all employees directly and indirectly under your supervision.
- Produce and compile monthly operational statistics report.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above criteria should submit a BVI Electricity Corporation application form, cover letter, resume, one business reference and one personal contact reference to email@example.com or the below address:
The General Manager
BVI Electricity Corporation P. O. Box 268
Road Town, Tortola
British Virgin Islands
This description of the position is meant to outline the general nature and level of work required. The responsibilities, duties and skills listed for the position are non-exhaustive and the successful candidate will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested.
CLOSING DATE: November 7, 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- November 2021
- October 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- June 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- October 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- November 2018
- July 2018
- August 2017
- May 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- March 2015
- December 2014