BVI Electricity Corporation (“BVIEC”) is seeking an energetic, result-oriented and high caliber professional candidate to fill the position of GENERAL MANAGER. The General Manager (“GM”) works with the Board and staff to achieve BVIEC’s vision. This includes meeting the electrical transmission and distribution needs of the Territory, and working regionally and nationally on key resource issues. The GM provides leadership and develops/implements strategic plans to ensure that BVIEC is responsive to its customers, employees and all other stakeholders. The GM ensures that BVIEC conducts its business in accordance with sound financial management practices and policies. The GM is responsible for keeping the Board informed of regulatory and political issues affecting BVIEC, the financial health of BVIEC, staffing adequacy and system reliability.
• A BEET, BEE, BSEE, BME, BSME or BMET degree from an accredited University or College in Electrical or Mechanical Engineering.
• Master’s degree in Business or Finance.
• Professional Engineer (P.E) or a Chartered Engineer (CEng) Certification.
• At least 12 years’ working experience in a similar capacity with some electrical utility background including financial, utility operations, strategic planning, budget development, power supply, Board of Directors involvement, and labor and community relations.
• At least 5 years’ experience in the electric utility industry with a broad electrical utility background including financial, utility operations, strategic planning, budget development, power supply, Board of Directors involvement, and labor and community relations.
PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES:
• Excellent oral and written communication skills.
• Sound knowledge of BVIEC Ordinance and related regulations.
• Strong negotiation, analytical and interpersonal skills.
• Good team management and leadership skills. • Able to work well under pressure and tight deadlines while balancing assignments/projects.
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
a) Reviews, in consultation with senior staff, long term strategic and business plans and ensures that these are updated annually for all aspects of the company’s operations.
b) Formulates company’s objectives, policies and programmes within guidelines established by the Board of Directors.
c) Establishes and maintains an appropriate organizational structure and relevant rules and procedures for the efficient operation of the company, which enables the company to achieve its objectives in the most efficient manner, in both the short and long term.
d) Prepares and submits to the Board of Directors, monthly, quarterly, and annual reports in the approved format and within established deadlines.
e) Establishes and monitors engineering standards and procedures pertinent to the company’s operations, to ensure that the appropriate standards are maintained.
f) Recommends yearly budget for Board approval and prudently manages the organization’ resources within budgeted guidelines and according to current law and regulations.
g) Keeps informed of engineering practices and trends and assesses the same for suitability and relevance to the company’s operation for implementation if appropriate.
h) Represents the company at business, technical and social functions to further the interests and objectives of the company.
i) Building positive, cooperative relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
j) Establishes and maintains a good internal communication system, by holding regular meetings with division and department heads and other managerial or supervisory staff as may be appropriate.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above criteria should submit a cover letter, resume, two business references and two personal contact information references, recent salary history and a recent passport size photograph to email@example.com, https://bvielectricity.com/about-us/careers/ or the below address:
BVI Electricity Corporation
P. O. Box 268
Road Town, Tortola
British Virgin Islands
This description of the position is meant to outline the general nature and level of work required. The responsibilities, duties and skills listed for the position are non-exhaustive and the successful candidate will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested.
CLOSING DATE: October 31, 2022
- November 2022
- October 2022
- September 2022
- August 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- November 2021
- October 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- June 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- October 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- November 2018
- July 2018
- August 2017
- May 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- March 2015
- December 2014