JOB VACANCY – OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY TECHNICIAN
Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates to fill the position of OCCUPATIONAL HEALTH AND SAFETY TECHNICIAN – Administration Department.
- EXPERIENCE AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATION:
The successful candidate should:
- Possess the minimum of an Associates Degree in Environmental or Occupational Health & Safety
- Possess excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Must be detail oriented
- Be proficient in Microsoft Office
- Have at least three (3) years working experience in the related field.
The entry level range is Grade 4 which is in the salary scale of $30,400.00 – $51,250.00 per annum. Salary will be determined commensurate with qualification and experience.
- Inspect, test, and evaluate workplace environments, equipment, and practices to ensure that they follow safety standards and government regulations.
- Prepare written reports on findings from inspections and test conducted.
- Assist with the design and implementation of workplace processes and procedures that help protect workers from hazardous work conditions.
- Evaluate programs on workplace health and safety.
- Assist with the organization of training for employees on workplace safety and health hazards and policies.
- Research and recommend personal protective equipment and tools to be used by employees in the reduction of risk.
- Coordinate the demonstration on the correct use of safety equipment.
- Assist with the investigation of incidents and accidents to identify root causes and determine preventative steps to be taken.
Applications should be sent and addressed to:
The General Manager
B.V.I. Electricity Corporation
Road Town, Tortola
British Virgin Islands
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MAY 31, 2022.
Applications can also be submitted electronically via the link below:
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- November 2021
- October 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- June 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- October 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- November 2018
- July 2018
- August 2017
- May 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- March 2015
- December 2014