Applications are invited from suitably qualified Candidates to fill the position of ASSISTANT CABLE JOINTER – Transmission & Distribution Department.
- EXPERIENCE AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS:
The successful candidate should:
- Possess the minimum of a High School Diploma
- Other relevant technical qualifications would be an asset
- Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
- Be computer literate
- Have at least two (2) years working experience.
The entry level range is Grade 2 which is in the salary scale of $20,800.00 – $35,066.00 per annum. Salary will be determined commensurate with qualifications and experience.
- Assist with the construction and maintenance of all high voltage and low voltage cable joints and terminations.
- Assist with the installation and repair of all high voltage switches, underground cables, pad mounted transformers, low voltage feeder cabinets, high voltage submarine cables and all other underground pad mounted and substation equipment.
- Assist with isolating and energizing of spur lines.
- Assist with the inspection and maintenance of all substation equipment.
- Assist with the transporting, planting, burying, compacting and delivery of all underground cables.
- Being available/on call to work outside normal working hours.
- Travelling to sister islands to perform duties on behalf of the Corporation.
- Maintaining a good working relationship with all employees of the Corporation.
Applications should be sent and addressed to:
The General Manager
B.V.I. Electricity Corporation
Road Town, Tortola
British Virgin Islands
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS MAY 31, 2022.
Applications can also be submitted electronically via the link below:
- May 2022
- April 2022
- March 2022
- February 2022
- January 2022
- November 2021
- October 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- June 2020
- March 2020
- February 2020
- October 2019
- August 2019
- July 2019
- November 2018
- July 2018
- August 2017
- May 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- March 2015
- December 2014