BVI Electricity Corporation (“BVIEC”) is seeking a dynamic, innovative, resourceful and result-oriented professional candidate to fill the position of Executive Assistant. The Executive Assistant will provide comprehensive support and be accountable to the General Manager. This position requires the ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems with a high level of professionalism and confidentiality.
· A Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration or related field from an accredited University
· At least 5 years’ working experience as an Executive Assistant, Personal Assistant or similar capacity.
· At least 3-5 years’ experience in supporting a senior executive.
3. PERSONAL ATTRIBUTES AND COMPETENCIES:
· Proficiency in Microsoft Office
· Basic accounting skills
· Ethical decision making skills
· Aptitude for learning new software and systems
· Ability to maintain confidentiality of information related to the company and its employees
· Principles of budget preparation
· Knowledge of applicable laws relating to income taxes, company organisation and management and electricity regulation;
· Strong teaching, coaching, and mentoring skills
· Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills
· Excellent organizational and time management skills
· Considerable knowledge of leadership and managerial principles, techniques, and practices.
Salary will be commensurate with qualifications and experience.
a. Provide calendar management for General Manager
b. Serve as the primary point of contact for internal and external clients on all matters pertaining to the General Manager
c. Complete a broad variety of administrative tasks that facilitate the General Manager’s ability to effectively lead the organization
d. Work closely with the General Manager to keep them well informed of upcoming commitments and responsibilities
e. Coordinate all Executive Team meetings and retreats and assist with staff meetings and events as needed
f. Evaluate and assist in developing office policies and procedures for improved workflow and anticipate future needs as organization grows
g. Provide a “gatekeeper” and “gateway” role for coherent communication between the General Manager and employees.
h. Prepare bank mandate forms
i. Draft and prepare various correspondences for the General Manager
j. Receive all incoming correspondence and distribution to the relevant individuals
k. Responsible to implement and maintain an efficient filing system
l. Prepare purchase orders
m. Make necessary arrangements for outside contractors and consultants from overseas
n. Travel to sister islands to perform duties on behalf of the Corporation
o. Maintain a good working relationship with all employees of the Corporation
p. Any other duties as assigned from time to time within your competence.
How to Apply
Candidates meeting the above criteria should submit a cover letter, resume, two business references and two personal contact information references, recent salary history and a recent passport size photograph to email@example.com or the below address:
The General Manager
BVI Electricity Corporation
P. O. Box 268
Road Town, Tortola
British Virgin Islands
This description of the position is meant to outline the general nature and level of work required. The responsibilities, duties and skills listed for the position are non-exhaustive and the successful candidate will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other job-related duties as requested.
CLOSING DATE: Friday August 25, 2023.
- September 2023
- August 2023
- June 2023
- December 2022
- August 2022
- January 2022
- November 2021
- October 2021
- May 2021
- January 2021
- December 2020
- June 2020
- March 2020
- October 2019
- August 2019
- November 2018
- July 2018
- August 2017
- May 2017
- January 2017
- October 2016
- September 2016
- August 2016
- March 2015
- December 2014