Applications are invited from suitably qualified candidates to fill the position of Collections Officer – Finance Department.
- EXPERIENCE AND MINIMUM QUALIFICATION:
The successful applicant should:
• Possess the minimum of an Associates Degree in Accounting
• Possess excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Possess basic book-keeping skills
• Possess CXC passes in Mathematics and English
• Be computer literate
The entry level range is Grade 4 which is in the salary scale of $26,174.00 – $51,301.04 per annum. Salary will be determined commensurate with qualification and experience.
1. Ensure that the Corporation’s revenue is collected within 30 days of the due date.
2. Execute the disconnection process.
3. Contact delinquent customers in order to make arrangements for immediate payment or deferred payment plans.
4. Prepare reports and correspondence relative to collections, status of accounts, and payment records on a monthly basis.
5. Research, review and verify financial information on delinquent and final accounts and makes recommendations concerning disposition of delinquent accounts.
6. Maintain correspondence files of payment records, payment terms, and related information.
7. Ensure that the Corporation’s customers are served in a prompt, courteous and professional manner at all times.
8. Being available to work outside normal working hours.
9. Maintaining a good working relationship with all employees of the Corporation.
Applications should be sent and addressed to:
The General Manager
B.V.I. Electricity Corporation
Road Town, Tortola
British Virgin Islands
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS IS DECEMBER 7, 2021.